First Achieve Recruitment have a fantastic opportunity for a Control Panel Design Engineer, in the Edinburgh region. You will be working within a prestigious company, who have been established since the 1800's, they have state-of-the-art facilities & are heavily involved in Global Manufacturing.
The role will be paying in the region of £35,000 - £48,000 per annum.
You will primarily be responsible for designing electrical control panels for in house manufacture and test.
Working within the design team, the role will cover all aspects of the control panel hardware design and manufacture lifecycle from the initial requirements specification through to final customer acceptance. This will include bid support, estimating, concept design, detailed design, sourcing, production engineering, and support to manufacture and test.
- Design control panels at various levels of complexity covering relay logic, PLC controls, distributed I/O and variable frequency drives
- Generate high quality designs ensuring compliance with client specifications, engineering standards, relevant legislation, and company procedures
- Produce high quality supporting documentation
- Design for manufacture
- Sourcing components and obtaining quotes
- Oversee manufacture and testing.
- Provide support to the bid team by estimating design, manufacture, and test costs
The successful candidate must:
- Be degree educated in Control/Electrical Engineering or relevant Apprenticeship with HNC.
- Have previous experience of control panel design.
- Have experience of control panel manufacture or support to manufacture.
- Have experience of writing technical specifications and documentation.
- Have a proven track record of successfully delivering design projects to required timescale and budget.
- Be proficient in the use of MS Office products.
- Have Knowledge of related standards.
- Be able to work on your own or as part of a team.
- Have self-discipline, motivation, the ability to organise your workload and overcome problems as they arise.
The successful candidate must hold or be able to meet the appropriate Security Clearance as required