A community-focused bank is confidentially looking to add another member to their banking family. Specifically, they are seeking an experienced Commercial Lender
to hit the ground running and be a valuable member to the team. This opportunity would be great for a community-minded individual that appreciates the flexibility and excellent culture this community bank provides.
Responsibilities of Commercial Lender
- • Takes applications for commercial and/or agriculture loan business. Reviews customer financial condition by obtaining credit report and other necessary documents and assesses the customer's ability to re-pay the loan. Makes underwriting recommendations to senior lender. Completes or directs completion of all loan documents and closes loans.
• Participates in developing lending and deposit business for the Bank. Calls on clients to expand existing business; calls on prospects seeking opportunities to expand the Bank's client base.
• Monitors existing loan portfolio to maintain a high-quality asset base. Maintains up-to-date client files including current balance sheets, profit & loss statements, cash flow projections and all loan documentation.
• Collects the standard Bank fees on all loans.
• Assists in collection of past due loans.
• Assists customers with any loan-related questions and concerns.
• To independently manage intermediate or moderately complex business/commercial loan credit underwriting and loan structures.
• To produce assigned loan volume as set annually by your supervisor.
• To ensure and maintain asset quality of loan portfolio.
• To maintain an appropriate delinquency rate of loan portfolio as set by your supervisor/Bank policy.
• To collect the Bank's standard fee income on portfolio loans and the standard fee on loans sold.
• To maintain an acceptable charge-off and delinquency rate as set by your supervisor/Bank policy.
• To insure that lending operations are in accordance with established Bank policy and are legally compliant.
• To maintain a professional, courteous, and friendly atmosphere for customers and co-workers.
This opportunity includes an excellent compensation and benefits package. This bank prides itself on retaining employees and has one of the best tenure backgrounds in the area.
Job Requirements for Commercial Lender
- At least 10 years of combines credit underwriting, lending, business development and sales experience.
- A college degree generally in finance, accounting and/or banking or equivalent work experience in the banking industry.
- Completion of the first level of Advanced Commercial Lending School, or Graduate Banking School, or Certified Community Lender Certification.
- The ability to motivate or influence others is a material part of the job, requiring a significant level of diplomacy and trust. Obtaining cooperation (internally and/or externally) is an important part of the job.
- Above average experience in analyzing business financial statements and assessing the viability of businesses;
- Solid communication and PR skills;
- Above average computer skills (Word, Excel) and the ability to learn and proficiently use related lending software programs;
- Ability to handle multiple projects with varied deadlines;
- Strong attention to detail/analytical skills;
- Willingness to be involved in civic and/or professional associations,
- Demonstrated proficiency at intermediate level of sales skills and abilities for developing new business customer relationships.
For additional information on this opportunity, please contact Brooke Cousino directly at . Resumes may be confidentially sent to
All qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, age, color, sex (including pregnancy), religion, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, military status, genetic information, or any other status protected by applicable laws or regulations. GPAC (Growing People and Companies) is an award-winning search firm specializing in placing quality professionals within multiple industries across the United States since 1990. We are extremely competitive, client-focused and realize that our value is in our ability to deliver the right solutions at the right time.