Vetro Social Care is recruiting Children's Support Workers to join a fantastic Children's Residental service in Holbeach and Long Sutton, Lincolnshire. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Managers and Support Workers to provide the best possible care for the young person in the home who will have EBD and Challenging Behaviours
- Title: Children's Support Worker
- Pay: £25000 - £28000 (Inclusive of sleeps)
- Sleep rate: £62.64
- Location: Holbeach and Long Sutton
- Hours: 15 hours, 7:30/8 - 11
- Shift Patterns: Week 1 - Monday + Thursday, Week 2 - Tuesday + Friday + Sunday, Week 3 - Wednesday + Saturday
- Full-time permanent position
- Free meals whilst on shift
- Getting paid to play computer games and go to theme parks!!!
- Casual dress code
- Company pension
- Access to discounts for shopping outlets, restaurants and cinemas
- Comprehensive Training Package including scheduled ongoing face-to-face training and CPD planning
- Plenty of opportunities to maximise earnings and career development
- Enhanced disclosure cost coverage
What you'll be doing as a Children's Support Worker
- To support the children and young people in all day-to-day activities and interests
- To promote the young person's independence and well-being for children with EBD and Challenging behaviours
- To attend weekends away, holidays and trips away with the Children
- To attend weekend and evening activities to support the children and young people in their interests. This can range from climbing and baking cakes to weekend activities away!
- To protect the children and young people from any risks to their health and welfare
- To provide emotional and practical support to the young people within your home.
- To ensure the safety of young people by maintaining up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- To support, overcome and learn to minimise incidents when behaviour can be challenging.
The successful candidate:
What you'll need to be successful as a Children's Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- Some Professional or personal experience in a social care setting
- The right to work in the UK
- A driving licence is essential!
- Relevant qualifications are welcomed!
- Must be over the age of 21
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.