Do you want to enable children and young people who have been taken into care to have the best possible start in life? Are you enthusiastic, resilient, and driven to enrich and make a difference in the lives of young people?
Vetro Social Care are recruiting for 3 Childrens Residential Support Workers for a Children's home in LLANBRADACH Caerphilly with immediate starts. You will be working alongside an experienced team of Managers and Support Workers to provide the best possible care for the children in the home.
- Title: Childrens Residential Support Worker
- Pay: £12.05 - £24 per hour inclusive of holiday pay
- Location:LLANBRADACH Caerphilly
- Hours: Flexible pattern available, pick and choose the shifts you want every week. 12 hours shift pattern, days, nights and sleep in's available.
- Excellent Rates of pay, weekly pay, and no payroll charges
- Free food while on shift
- Variety of work in different social care and healthcare settings
- Vetro Mobile Booking App for communicating shift availability
- Support from an specialist consultant
- Free online training and subsidised practical training (TMVA,PMVA,PBM)
- Agency worker of the month prize £50
- Entry into our Golden Ticket draw to win £500 every quarter
- 24-hour registration - register from the comfort of your own home
- Holiday pay- paid weekly or accumulated in a holiday pot
- Vetro contributed pension
What you'll be doing as a Childrens Residential Support Worker
- To support the children and young people in all day to day activities and interests
- To promote the young persons independence and wellbeing
- To attend weekends away, holidays and trips away with the Children
- To attend weekend and evening activities to support the children and young people in their interests. This can range from climbing and baking cakes to weekend away in Butlins.
- To protect the children and young people from any risks to their health and welfare
- To provide emotional and practical support to the young people within your home.
- To ensure the safety of young people by maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of care plans and guidelines
- To support, overcome and learn to minimise incidents when behaviour can be challenging .
The successful candidate:
What you'll need to be successful as a Childrens Residential Support Worker
- A desire to create positive outcomes for vulnerable children and young people
- Empathetic, caring and resilient nature
- At least 6 months experience of working with children or within a similar Social Care setting
- Valid UK Driving Licence
- Hold a current Enhanced DBS on the update service or willing to obtain one
- The right to work in the UK
Do you want to make a real, measurable difference to the lives of young people? If this sounds like your dream role, we would love to hear from you. If you think you're right for this Childrens Residential Support Worker role, then click the 'apply' button below.
Vetro Recruitment acts as an employment business when supplying temporary staff and as an employment agency when introducing candidates for permanent employment with a client. Vetro is an equal opportunities employer and decisions are made on merit alone.