Business Unit Description:
Michael Foods, Inc. is a leader in the food processing and distribution industry with business in egg products, refrigerated grocery and potato products. We offer exciting job possibilities throughout our organization where you can enhance your career, sharpen your talents and make an impact. Join our company and be part of an innovative team that's First in Food.
Michael Foods, Inc. located in Wakefield, Nebraska is known as the Baseball Capital of Nebraska. Milton G. Waldbaum and Dan Gardner founded our egg-processing business in 1950 here in Wakefield. Our location raises chickens and produces tankers of liquid egg to be consumed by our processing facilities.
This position will consist of the driver taking an average of 6-7 tanker loads of liquid egg as produced between the Farms, Wakefield Main Plant & Logan view. The schedule is: 4 days on, 4 days off: 5:30 am - 5:30 pm. Flexible schedule - adjustments made as needed.
MANDATORY: You will also need to apply here: to verify Driver and Drug/Alcohol History.
- Be at work by assigned time on days scheduled. The schedule is: 4 days on, 4 days off: 5:30 am - 5:30 pm. Flexible schedule - adjustments made as needed.
- Perform proper vehicle inspection on a daily basis prior to performing any driving related functions along with completing the proper post shift vehicle inspection report.
- Pick up and deliver product as needed for Husker Pride and Big Red Farms
- Unload or assist in unloading of the product as requested by each internal or external customer.
- Verify condition of each tanker before hauling and Note any damage, shortages, and overages on the BOL.
- Pick up product at suppliers as required, verifying count and condition of product.
- Fill out log book, daily driver's log, reconciliation sheet, and vehicle inspection report daily.
- Operate truck and trailer safely; in accordance with all Department of Transportation standards and regulations.
- Report any problems or defective equipment to the supervisor.
- Have and maintain a good driving record, reporting any driving violations to the supervisor.
- Ensure good customer relations by consistently delivering orders on time and acting in a courteous and professional manner.
- Must take and pass an initial drug screening, as well as random screenings to follow.
- Must pass a yearly physical examination.
- Perform other work related duties as assigned.
- Must hold a valid Class A CDL with Tanker and have the ability to operate a semi, straight truck, forklift, pallet jack, dock leveler and any other pertinent equipment.
- Must have a minimum of one year semi driving experience.
- Must hold proof of Department of Transportation physical certification approval.
- Adhere to safe work practices, follow GMP's, maintain sanitary conditions and ensure that product quality is maintained. Report to management any conditions or practices that may adversely affect food safety, food quality or personnel safety.
- Adhere to all safety policies and procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
High school diploma or general education degree (GED) or equivalent.
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups, customers/vendors or employees of the organization.
Ability to add and subtract two digit numbers and to multiply and divide with 10's and 100's. Ability to perform these operations using units of American money and weight measurement, volume and distance.
Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, and diagram or schedule form.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES, REGISTRATIONS:
Licenses, certificates, and registrations required:
OTHER SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Must posses valid CDL (Commercial Driver License).
- Clean Driving Record.
- Must obtain forklift license if needed in that department.
- Ability to safely lift 65 lbs occasionally.
- Ability to communicate in English
- Meet all Federal DOT Requirements for Class A CDL (Commercial Driver License)
- Minimum age is 18 years old (Intrastate - Nebraska)
- Minimum age is 21 years old (Hazardous)
Meet all requirements outlined in the Company DOT Written Program