OCS are recruiting for Security Officers based on site at Her Majesty's Court & Tribunals Service buildings up and down the UK.These roles are required to cover absence and to maintain continuity of service and will be offered on a casual worker agreement basis and therefore no hours are guaranteed.You will be covering buildings in Gloucester, Cheltenham, Bristol, Bath and Cirencester,Details will be discussed and agreed at interview however there is no weekend or night work, but we do offer overtime on a Saturday, Sunday, and Bank holidays as and when required. You will be paid monthly, on or around the 10th of every month.These positions are ideal for suitably qualified candidates looking for a temporary role however, for those interested we will always do our best to keep you within the OCS business.As part of your role, you will be required to undertake physical searching including the use of a hand-held metal detector.Most of your day will consist of monitoring the access and egress routes into the building, as well as ensuring that secure areas are maintained. As part of this role, you will be interacting with court staff, the Judiciary, public officer and the general public. Don't just take our word for it, apply now to start your new journey with OCS!We offer a competitive rate of pay, great corporate benefits, plus over time paid at x 1.25 weekdays, x1.5 on Saturday and x 2 on Sunday and Bank holidays.Your main responsibilities will include:
- Supervision of access and egress routes which may include main and secondary entrances, access doors, and gates to make sure that only authorised people and vehicles are permitted access to sites.
- Working as part of a team of CTSO (Courts & Tribunals Security Officers), conducting a physical search of court users entering the building from all entrances.
- Prevention of and dealing with security incidents.
- Making sure the correct and agreed evacuation procedures are followed.
- Carrying out instructions from HMCTS court staff and OCS employees to attend locations within the building in the case of a security incident. In certain circumstances the physical removal of individuals may be required.
- Responding rapidly to personal attack alarms throughout the building.
- Testing of alarm systems, and accurately recording the data.
- Carrying out regular patrols of the building as required.
- Issue and collection of visitors and contractors' passes and the escorting of visitors and contractors.
- Supervision of contractors and cleaners etc. in secure areas.
- Opening and closing the building, ensuring the alarm system is set.
To succeed in this role, you will need the following:
- Strong customer service skills
- SIA licence - essential
- A clean DBS history (Drink Driving excluded)
What will you get in return?
- There will be a full training package included in the onboarding, consisting of 2 days training which may require regional travel. Reasonable training expenses will be covered.
Why join OCS Group Ltd?OCS prides itself as a company with strong family values and we are passionate about hiring people who demonstrate the same.We take CARE of you; We act SAFELY and responsibly; We are TRUSTWORTHY; We work as EXPERTS. If you share these Values, we want you to be part of our team.OCS have a well-respected brand and our colleagues are empowered to be the best version of themselves. We offer job stability and are committed to developing our colleagues by offering more than just a job. We are a financially stable business who continues to be privately owned since its inception in 1900.We reward those who demonstrate our values and since the launch of our OCS Star recognition scheme we have rewarded nearly 1,500 colleagues with monetary vouchers, certificates, and public recognition within the business.We invest and support the growth of our people and are currently sponsoring over 310 colleagues who are enrolled in a variety of apprenticeship programmes, ranging from Level 3 qualifications in customer service to degree programmes in Leadership. If you want to develop you career, OCS is a great choice.OCS offers the family feel of smaller organisations although large enough to offer so many opportunities. We recognise your efforts and contribution and show our appreciation through a variety of reward schemes which in turn results in our colleagues staying with OCS. Our business is the family you can choose, and our people stay for the friendships, opportunities, and career fulfilment we offer.