Overview The hourly rate for this position is $20.00 hr.
The Caf Cook is responsible for hands-on food production in the Cafe, the majority of which involves preparing all hot food items for breakfast, lunch and dinner, along with salads, fruits, and deli meats. The Caf Cook is also responsible for pizza and pasta production utilizing all applicable equipment including the pizza oven. The Cook will also prepare sauces and dressings and is responsible for cutting cakes and pies and setting up desserts. The Cook will stock items needed for warmers and refrigerators, refill items that are low in product, place proper utensils, and check chilled salad items and steam table temperatures.
- Responsible for practicing, supporting, and promoting Thunder Valley Casinos Winning Attitude Company-wide culture and demonstrating Thunder Valley Casinos AAA Four Diamond Service Standards at all times.
- Have basic food knowledge, cooking techniques, knife skills, ability to operate kitchen equipment.
- Understand how to read and fill production par sheets.
- Understanding the importance of consistency of all menu items. Become familiar with standardized SOP recipe format.
- Follow proper health department rules & regulations, HACCP, sanitation and safety procedures.
- Acknowledge responsibility of station set up through utilization of station check list; labeling, rotation and storage methods.
- Proper cooking skills with presenting menu items that are flavorful, proper texture and balanced.
- Ensure customer satisfaction through presentation, food quality and promote positive customer relations.
- Display knowledge of all emergency procedures.
- Follow set schedules and specific job duties.
- Maintain personal grooming and uniform standards pursuant to Thunder Valleys policies.
- Treat each Team Member with care, dignity, fairness and respect.
- Display and encourage teamwork in the department.
- Communicate on a consistent basis with all managers. Keep them abreast of all department activities.
- Adhere to all policies and procedures as set forth by Director of Food and Beverage.
- Follow SOPs, recipe books and guidelines and have all necessary supplies to provide consistency and quality for Four Diamond guest service.
- Maintain cleanliness, safety and sanitation standards in accordance with department policies and those of the Department of Indian Health.
- Ensure that kitchen and equipment are in good working order and that the work area is clean and hazard-free. Notify a supervisor immediately if kitchen and equipment are not in good working order.
- Possess the ability to work hands-on in any kitchen environment, including those involving a three-meal period and high volume production. Majority of the production will be frying, sauting, griddling, carving, broiling, and steaming all meats, fish, vegetables and poultry. May include cold salads, sandwiches, cold displays, salad dressings, slicing deli meats and cheese for guest services according to Thunder Valley standards and specifications.
- Ability to communicate effectively with guests, Team Members and management in both written and verbal form.
- Regular attendance and punctuality necessary.
- Must possess and demonstrate great attention to detail in order to maintain units appearance and operating standards.
- Must manage time effectively with minimum supervision. Ability to handle high pace production.
- Must be able to handle constructive criticism and be willing to continuously improve.
- Minimum of 1 to 2 years of culinary experience.
- Must be able to read all tickets and organize food production in a timely manner.
- Possess or obtain a California Food Handler Card.
If you feel that this position is a great match for your interests and skills, click the button to apply. Thank you again for considering joining the Thunder Valley Casino Resort team!