Job Title: Business Development Manager - Ergonomics, Health & Wellbeing (Europe)
Job type: Full Time - Permanent.
Colebrook Bosson Saunders Ltd, a wholly owned subsidiary of Herman Miller, are international designers, manufacturers, and distributors of award-winning ergonomic products. We strive for new ways to enhance user experience through the seamless connection of people and technology.
As a CBS Business Development Manager, you are tasked with improving and growing the sales for CBS by establishing and developing relationships with customers, influencers, and other partners in your assigned region.
In this role you are responsible for identifying new business opportunities to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work will involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, and enhancing the operation of the business, position, or reputation in some way.
This is a singular role in the organisation, but you will be part of a team that will globally elevate the CBS brand by selling products to improve the Health and Wellbeing of technology users.
- Develop a Market Plan with others in the business - identifying new sectors, growth areas, trends, target customers, partnerships, products, and services - and new ways of expanding existing markets.
- Generate leads and cold call prospective customers.
- Meet with customers & influencers face to face, via video conference or over the phone.
- Foster and develop relationships with customers to generate lasting profitable relationships.
- Understand the ergonomic needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these.
- Think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives to develop and improve the business.
- Draw up client contracts that are revenue earning for review.
- Develop a deep understanding of CBS's products or services and be able to advise others about them.
- Ensure staff are on board throughout the organisation and understand the need for change and what is required of them.
- Act as a coach and leader in the sales function to inspire others in the team to achieve sales growth.
- Discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department as required - help to plan sales campaigns.
- Liaise closely with the sales team and furthermore with the finance team, warehousing, and logistics departments as appropriate.
- Seek ways of improving the way the business operates - giving feedback to the design team on market trends.
- Use insights and knowledge to seek new accounts and penetrate competitively held accounts.
- Keep abreast of trends and changes in the business world.
- Create a sales pipeline that build momentum and secure revenue for the business.
- Negotiate pricing with customers and our appointed dealer.
- Carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to the CBS leadership team.
- Develop the business sales and marketing strategy with other CBS BDM's.
As a CBS Business Development Manager, you will build specialist knowledge by sector to deliver positive outcomes to improve the Health & Wellbeing of technology users in certain sector, such as:
- Human Resources
- Tenacity and drive to seek new business and meet or exceed targets.
- An excellent telephone manner for making initial contact and for ongoing communication with customers, dealers.
- High level of interpersonal skills for building and developing relationships with clients.
- High level of written and verbal communication skills for communicating with a range of people, both internally and externally.
- Exemplary presentation skills communicating the compelling benefits with presence.
- IT skills, including the use of Excel and Powerpoint.
- Teamworking skills and a collaborative approach to work.
- Decision-making skills
- Ability to multitask and prioritise your workload.
- Project management and organisational skills.
- Ability to motivate yourself and set your own goals
- Negotiating skills
Please click on the APPLY button to send your CV and Cover Letter for this role.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of; Business Development Executive, Key Account Manager, Sales Account Manager, Senior Sales Executive, Sales Manager, Senior Sales Manager, New Business Manager, New Business Executive, External Sales, Sales Person, Sales Consultant, Business Development, B2B, Sales Development, B2B Sales Executive, Direct Sales, Sales Specialist, BDM, Lead Development Executive will also be considered for this role.