Our client is a market-leading hedge fund that is searching for a talented and senior software engineer to lead a greenfield project, building up their new algo-trading platform for the FX derivatives desk. Our client places great importance on finding candidates whose values and work ethos match the company's.
The position focuses heavily on building microservices from scratch in Java (Scala), and then scaling these microservices extensively, leading the project from conception to completion. Knowledge of Cloud Platform AWS (Amazon Web Services) is crucial to the role. Activities include liaising with the company's DevOps team, so extensive knowledge of Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) pipelines is not necessary, however, any commercial experience with building CI/CD pipelines with tools Ansible and Jenkins is ideal.
Business acumen is appreciated but not compulsory, as engineers communicate with the company's business analyst team on a weekly basis.
- GPA 3.5 or above in MSc Computer Science, Physics or Math.
- 2+ years of professional experience as Java Engineer.
- Ideal candidates would display professional experience within the Finance industry.
- Experience using Agile Methodologies.
- Knowledge of AWS.
- Market-leading bonus structure.
- World-renowned pension scheme.
- VISA sponsorship provided.
- Private health insurance.
If this role isn't right for you, but you know of someone who might be interested, we have a market-leading referral scheme in place to thank anyone who refers a friend who is successfully placed! T&Cs apply.