Akton are recruiting on behalf of one of the UK's leading facilities management and professional services company, looking after a large, diverse, blue-chip customer base, from banks and retailers, to hospitals, schools, and government offices. The client has over 77,000 people, 100+ office locations, and thousands of customers across the country, there's no limit to what you can achieve if working with them.
The client has an initiative to make net-zero carbon happen. Their knowledge of customer estates, combined with our ability to execute a zero-carbon strategy from assessment through to delivery is unrivalled. Their customers include the biggest organisations in the UK and to date have saved them over 353,000 tonnes of carbon.
The client believes every organisation has a responsibility to act to reduce their impact on the planet and are recruiting talented, passionate people to help make Plan Zero happen.
Their key drivers are Zero Carbon, Zero Waste and Significant Biodiversity Net Gain.
How you will make Plan Zero happen
Our client is a leading supplier of BMS services throughout the UK and have partner relationships with the leading BMS manufacturers.
The activities delivered by this highly skilled team is ensuring optimal performance of new BMS installations and upgrades across their client's sites to maintain comfort conditions and drive down energy usage in our goal to achieve Zero Carbon.
Following significant growth in our clients FM contract Base, they are now seeking to recruit experienced and enthusiastic BMS Project Engineers both in the South of the UK, to join their established and successful team of professionals.
This mobile role offers a variety of challenges which will provide the opportunity to own and deliver the BMS project works on site.
You will need to be suitably qualified and have experience with a market leading BMS manufacturer and have a strong technical understanding of integration to third party systems and HVAC plant and applications. Ideally you will be electrically biased with at least 3 years' experience of Trend Controls and or Tridium / Niagara systems.
What will you do day to day?
- Provide an exceptional level of professionalism in delivering site solutions from the initial mobilisation stage through to final commissioning and demonstration.
- Have the opportunity to design and configure controller strategies / schematics for the core range of BMS solutions including Trend, Tridium and Distech.
- Use initiative to proactively adopt project tasks and coordinate delivery alongside the project managers, project coordinators, engineers, sub-contractors.
- Carryout surveys, proposals and quoting of new project works.
- Support the wider BMS Operations teams with ad hoc Reactive Callouts on critical sites.
- Share knowledge and support colleagues across the Projects and Controls Operations.
- Verify software strategy design throughout the commissioning process and deliver documented evidence of the operation of the completed system.
- Become the face of the project delivery team onsite, interfacing with the site teams, gaining their confidence and buy in.
- Interface directly with the design engineers to feedback on software design.
- Ensure all Health and Safety standards are delivered on every project
- Utilise own skills to enhance the project handover experience, ensuring client and support teams are involved and fully aware of the delivered solution.
- Contribute to the compilation of documentation to support the project O&M.
Who will you work with?
The National BMS Operation consists of a team of over 50 engineers, managers, and support colleagues. You will be an integral part of this team and will work alongside and under the direction and guidance of the Project Management Teams.
Experience & Skills
- Ideally you will have knowledge and experience equal to the Trend Expert competency level and have the ability to confidently modify energy biased software and professional schematics.
- Have a strong knowledge of the Trend SET software tool
- Be able to integrate solutions / systems through a number of different protocols including Modbus, MBus, BACnet.
- Demonstrate a good knowledge of IT networks and IP Configuration
- Able to build partner relationships with customers and suppliers focusing on solving any problems.
- Understand the basics of Metering and Open Protocol solutions.
- Have a proven record of successfully working within the BMS industry