Customs & Trade VAT Assistant Manager & Manager - Big 4 London
As an identified super growth area within this firm, joining this team offers a fantastic opportunity for a passionate and dynamic professional to progress their career.
You will manage diverse projects for high profile clients, support exciting new business development opportunities, provide stewardship to develop junior members of the team and expand your horizons as you support businesses respond to topical issues, such as Brexit, and a significantly changed customs landscape, on a UK and global scale.
The Global Trade and broader Indirect Tax team has a reputation for being proactive, entrepreneurial, successful and fun to work in. It is growing at pace, providing an opportunity for the right candidate to progress quickly in a dynamic, fast paced environment, where people are recognised for their contribution and not time served.
The role will expose you to working with some of the largest, most recognisable brands and corporations across the globe. We boast a wealthy, rapidly increasing, portfolio of clients across all industries - from owner-managed businesses to large multinationals, operating within the consumer, industrial products, aerospace, automotive, energy and resources, technology/telecoms, financial services and public service sectors.
You will manage projects that support global clients manage their customs and trade footprint, from advising them on how to navigate the changes in customs and excise legislative requirements, supporting with the implementation of supply chain governance, operation and duty optimisation strategies, to engaging with HMRC to obtain rulings, repayments, authorisations and respond to audits.
Global Trade regulation and requirements, particularly in the post-Brexit environment, are at the forefront of our clients' agendas and significantly impact their supply chains. As such, as part of the role, you will be required to build up a detailed, practical, understanding of our clients' business models, what markets they operate in and their future plans in order to provide the right support at the right time, and identify opportunities for further work.
You will also be given access to further development support covering soft skills, advanced technical knowledge and commercial awareness through a programme of regular courses to help you continue to build your professional skills.
As you are given the autonomy to establish your own contacts within a client and reach your own solutions your independence will be accelerated. It is up to you to take this independence and build your own network. Whilst autonomy is encouraged the team network will always be available when you need support and advice.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on existing client engagements - Regularly reporting directly to a director or partner and undertaking account management, which includes responsibilities for take-on, delivery, billing and cash collection.
- Drafting and reviewing client advice (reports / memos / telcon advice / email notes of advice), running client workshops, meetings and training sessions
- Assisting with developing less experienced staff with hands on advice and support
- Assisting with deepening relationships with target clients/accounts and contributing to winning new work, including proposals and bid work
- Input into development of new market opportunities locally, nationally and internationally with an opportunity to lead the market development of the new ideas
- Working closely with colleagues in other parts of the firm
- Having a broader perspective of potential issues encountered when managing diverse teams and the strategies to overcome them; having a clear understanding of the firm's commitment to creating a more inclusive culture.
Your professional experience
We are looking for someone with the below key experience and attributes:
- Customs experience working either in-house, in practice or at a Tax Authority. Excise experience is desirable but not essential
- A sound technical background in all key areas of customs management and regulation (i.e. classification, valuation, origin and special procedures). A technical background in excise management is desirable but not essential
- A proven record of management attributes and skills including an ability to prioritise; meet deadlines; set clear, achievable, targets; monitor and update on progress; delegate effectively and work well with others
- Outstanding communication (written and verbal) and inter-personal skills
- The ability to be proactive, identify opportunities and take early responsibility
- Excellent client facing, relationship building and business development skills, coupled with commercial awareness
- Advanced computer skills (in particular excel / PowerPoint / Visio)
To discuss this opportunity further please contact Maisie on or email
As an employer, we are committed to ensuring the representation of people from all backgrounds regardless of their gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, race, religion, ethnicity, age, neurodiversity, disability status, or any other aspect which makes them unique. We welcome applicants from all backgrounds to apply and would encourage you to let us know if there are steps, we can take to ensure that your recruitment process enables you to present yourself in a way that makes you comfortable.