VolkerFitzpatrick is one of the leading engineering and construction companies in the UK and provide specialist building, civil engineering and rail expertise to a range of markets to provide a truly integrated service to clients. We possess proven experience and deliver successful projects in a wide range of industries, including commercial, industrial, education, rail infrastructure and depots, airports, waste and energy.
Our teams of skilled and dedicated staff work closely with our clients to understand their requirements and objectives to deliver quality projects that are innovative, sustainable and exceed expectations.
Of upmost importance on all our sites and projects is the safety of our 850+ employees, our subcontractors and the communities in which we work.
VolkerFitzpatrick is part of VolkerWessels UK, a multi-disciplinary construction and civil engineering group operating across the UK in six operating companies. The role
Due to organic growth, we are now looking for an experienced Bid Manager for our Civils and Infrastructure business.
The successful candidate will deliver work winning tenders, and manage both internal and external bid team members ensuring their responsibilities are met correctly and to the agreed timescales.
We are looking for someone who can look for innovation to further develop work winning opportunities, whilst also maintaining personal training and development. Key accountabilities
Skills & experience
- Identify the likely key issues before the tender lands
- Liaise with, coordinate and manage the bid team
- Prepare presentations and lead on mid-bid presentations and post submission presentations.
- Ensure customer is left with positive impression that enhances our bid status
- Maintain contact with clients and key suppliers
- Ensure any client queries are responded to efficiently
- Assist with presentation of the project to the settling team
- Draw performance data from sites for incorporation into tenders
- Maintain effective relationships with key customers and supply chain partners
- Active promotion of VolkerFitzpatrick at external events
- Extensive experience of working on major civils and infrastructure projects in the UK.
- Proven IT and desk top publishing skills
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to juggle multiple priorities within demanding timescales.
- Ability to effectively delegate duties to supporting staff
- Ability to manage line managers
- Ability to continually improve the quality of work sent out by the company
- Copywriting training / experience
- Design / Build process experience / understanding
- Risk and Value management
What we offer
- A competitive salary plus excellent benefits package including healthcare, pension etc.
- Family friendly policies in place and some scope for flexible working by negotiation.