Your new companyOur client is a global, high-quality legal brand, that is recruiting a banking lawyer from NQ level upwards to join their Belfast team. The Belfast team works closely with the London and Paris Finance teams, as well as with other international offices across the firm's network, on a variety of finance deals and work directly with clients (and their counterparties) on bespoke projects, with input from our other offices as required.Your new roleThe banking team itself covers a broad and varied spectrum of banking and finance work, including Real Estate Finance, Trade Finance, Aviation Finance, Renewables, Oil & Gas, Acquisition Finance, Securitisations and Derivatives and in you new role you will gain hands on exposure to such matters.ALT Finance in Belfast is led by the Head of ALT Finance (UK, US & EMEA), a Banking & Finance transactional lawyer with significant finance experience in various City of London and international firms.In line with the Global ALT model, the ALT Finance team is fully integrated and embedded within the wider Firm Finance teams across the network in order to provide a seamless high quality finance service to clients as one firm, regardless of geographical location.Your Key Responsibilities:
- Conducting fee earning work directly, as well as supervising Trainees, Legal Analysts and Senior Legal Analysts.
- Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of relevant areas of law to the ALT Finance practice.
- Working with legal technology tools appropriate to the relevant matter (e.g. artificial intelligence tools for DD).
- Ensuring compliance with financial disciplines on matters.
- Liaising with clients and teams elsewhere in the firm as required on fee-earning matters or projects.
- Line management responsibility for Trainees, Senior Legal Analysts and Legal Analysts, as directed by the Head of Finance.
What you'll need to succeed
- Qualified solicitor or barrister in England and Wales or Northern Ireland, but Republic of Ireland or other common law jurisdictions will be considered (If not qualified in England and Wales then willing to complete process to requalify as such, if required.) or is due to qualify in September 2022.
- Transactional experience on finance deals (based on LMA finance documentation)
- Finance regulatory experience (e.g. regulatory-change implementation projects)
- Outsourcing and managed legal services experience (e.g. NDAs management and negotiation)
What you'll get in returnA competitive market salary and flexible working options are all available for you in your new role.What you need to do nowIf you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.