Job Description About the role:
The position will be a team member of the Automation Engineering group. The Automation Engineering group is responsible to ensure that the manufacturing equipment/systems and Automation systems used in the manufacture, storage, testing, and distribution of Takeda products are fit for purpose in accordance with Shire standards and industry regulatory requirements.
The Engineer is responsible for operational, maintenance, troubleshooting, configuration or programming of site automation systems servicing the manufacturing and utilities areas. The Automation Engineer I - Automation this position will support the site automation systems (which may include the following platform Emerson DeltaV, Allen Bradley PLC, OSI-PI plant historian, Siemens Simatic IT EBR and others) but their primary service area will be the automation system (Emerson DeltaV, Honeywell, Rockwell, etc.) . The Engineer will implement area and system improvements through strict adherence to Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and cGMP's in a Pharmaceutical Manufacturing facility. How you will contribute:
Job Function and Description
What you bring to Takeda:
- Provide hands-on technical support, diagnostics and troubleshooting functions to manufacturing operations and drive design improvements as applicable.
- Assess existing equipment and automation systems in the various manufacturing area and assist in determining the required changes to meet the design, reliability, and requirements.
- Develop and review the automation of manufacturing process, support equipment and systems, design drawings and documents and equipment procurement packages
- Support one or more manufacturing process areas, overseeing all investigations and projects in that area.
- Participate in and contribute to small & medium size projects, perform assigned tasks, demonstrate basic business knowledge, resolve non-complex problems, receive moderate direction, provide no direction to others, and possess basic knowledge of SDLC.
- Code, test, debug, and document programming application activities following SDLC processes, application processes and quality validation (when appropriate) for small to medium projects.
- Gather, understand, and document business requirements, specifications, and requirements on small/medium size projects.
- Support automation systems commissioning, qualification and validation activities
- Support continuous improvement, process optimization, reliability, expansion, and upgrade projects.
- Update and develop system life cycle, and SOP (Standard Operating Procedures) for automation systems.
- Support and/or train technicians on control system functionality, troubleshooting and diagnostic techniques.
- Demonstrate continuous improvement with respect to increasing job knowledge and proficiency related to engineering in the biopharmaceutical industry, as well as technical understanding/problem solving capability.
- Continuously stay current with assigned SOPs and keep an up-to-date training file ensuring compliance with all applicable Standard Operating Procedures.
- Support user client inquiries and problems and address operational and program discrepancies during and after business hours.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks.
Education and Experience Requirements
- Bachelor's degree in Engineering, sciences, mathematic, or computer technology required. Some related experience preferred.
- Programming/scripting skills. Knowledge of the systems software development life cycle.
Key Skills, Abilities, and Competencies
- Must have excellent organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- Must have computer skills, specifically using MS Office software (Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
- Must have good interpersonal skills and be able to work effectively and efficiently in a team-based environment.
- Must display eagerness to learn and continuously improve.
- Has the ability to work on shift as needed for issue escalation support.
Other Job Requirements
The position will require participation in a rotating after-hour process control support function.
What Takeda can offer you:
- Comprehensive Healthcare: Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Financial Planning & Stability: 401(k) with company match and Annual Retirement Contribution Plan
- Health & Wellness programs including onsite flu shots and health screenings
- Generous time off for vacation and the option to purchase additional vacation days
- Community Outreach Programs and company match of charitable contributions
- Family Planning Support
- Professional training and development opportunities
- Tuition reimbursement
At Takeda, our patients rely on us to deliver quality products. As a result, we must follow strict rules in our manufacturing facilities to ensure we are not endangering the quality of the product. In this role, you may:
- Work in a controlled environment requiring special gowning and wear protective clothing over the head, face, hands, feet and body. This may include additional hearing protection for loud areas.
- Need to remove all make-up, jewelry, contact lenses, nail polish and/or artificial fingernails while in the manufacturing environment.
- Work in a cold, wet environment.
- Work multiple shifts, including weekends, or be asked to work supplemental hours, as necessary.
- Work around chemicals such as alcohol, acids, buffers and Celite that may require respiratory protection.
More about us:
At Takeda, we are transforming patient care through the development of novel specialty pharmaceuticals and best in class patient support programs. Takeda is a patient-focused company that will inspire and empower you to grow through life-changing work.
Certified as a Global Top Employer, Takeda offers stimulating careers, encourages innovation, and strives for excellence in everything we do. We foster an inclusive, collaborative workplace, in which our teams are united by an unwavering commitment to deliver Better Health and a Brighter Future to people around the world.
This posting excludes Colorado applicants.
Takeda is proud in its commitment to creating a diverse workforce and providing equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, parental status, national origin, age, disability, citizenship status, genetic information or characteristics, marital status, status as a Vietnam era veteran, special disabled veteran, or other protected veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws, and any other characteristic protected by law.
USA - GA - Social Circle - Hwy 278