Associate , Tax Technology Automation
Alvarez & Marsal's Taxand practice is seeking an Associate to join a growing team to lead tax technology and automation efforts for enabling tax advisory work for our clients. This hire will be responsible for creating and managing technology-driven automation of manual processes of tax advisory work and freeing up human tax advisors to focus on value-added knowledge work.How you'll contribute
Who will you be working with?
- Participate in planning technology and automation development to support complex consulting and compliance issues for clients, including documenting requirements, tax systems and process configuration, testing, debugging, and ongoing improvement efforts
- Evaluate current processes for providing national, state and local, and international tax compliance services, determine inefficiencies, and identify areas for automation using existing tax systems and emerging technologies
- Research new and evolving technologies to implement into the development process
- Design, implement, and support tools for automating frequent and repetitive activities
- Consolidate tax data to make analysis and planning more efficient
- Improve reporting capabilities to enhance clients' and internal stakeholders' ability to evaluate risk and capitalize on opportunities
- Establish and implement training processes and strategies for the new technology
- Respond to stakeholder inquiries and adapt to changing project requirements
We are not a typical tax firm. We are a group of entrepreneurial, action oriented and results oriented tax professionals who take a hands-on approach to solving our clients' problems and helping them reach their potential. We are nimble, resourceful, and proactive but adapt quickly when changes are needed. We present you with opportunities, not a playbook, and we reward you based on your achievements, not your tenure.
In this role, working on most complex tax issues for top clients, you will help build the technology solutions while also becoming a deep expert on variety of tax issues. How will you grow and be supported?
As a demonstration of A&M's strong commitment to its people, we offer benefits to support your career, personal and professional development. This includes an equity investment in a diversified financial services firm, the ability to invest in A&M private equity funds at beneficial terms, and a health and wellness program. Click to learn about our commitment to your well-being. A&M recognizes that our people fuel our growth, and you and your team will be provided with the best available training and development resources, as well as networking opportunities. Learn more about why A&M is a great place work.Qualifications:
Diversity & Inclusion
- A Bachelor's degree in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Information Technology and/or a Master's degree in a related field
- Coursework and background in Accounting strongly preferred
- A strong interest in technology and its use in business processes
- Excellent communication and business writing skills
- Strong organizational and time management skills
- A natural flair for problem solving and an entrepreneurial approach to work
- Demonstrated ability to capture and synthesize business requirements
- Experience with Microsoft Office Suite and Microsoft Power Platform (including Excel, Power BI, Power Automate, Power Apps)
- Experience using cloud systems (Azure Functions, Virtual Machines, Logic Apps, Blob storage, etc.)
- Familiarity with ecosystem tools (Git, Docker)
- State and local tax experience a plus
A&M's entrepreneurial culture celebrates independent thinkers and doers who can positively impact our clients and shape our industry. The collaborative environment and engaging work-guided by A&M's core values of Integrity, Quality, Objectivity, Fun, Personal Reward, and Inclusive Diversity-are the main reasons our people love working at A&M. Inclusive Diversity means we embrace diversity and we foster inclusiveness. It runs through how we recruit, develop employees, conduct business, support clients, and partner with vendors. It is the A&M way.Voluntary Inclusion
It is Alvarez & Marsal's policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.