Job Title: Assembly Operator/Tester
Duration: 6 months
Hourly Rate: £13.50 p/hour
You will manufacture & test various components and assemblies using recognised processes / skills. This role also involves producing quality finished components and assemblies in accordance with drawings and manufacturing build specifications to aerospace standards.
You will participate in or lead MPS activities, e.g. 5S, TPM, 5Y, kaizen, DLA, etc
Entry Level Requirements:
- To work efficiently within agreed standards, without supervision (once trained).
- To work accurately and pay attention to detail.
- To work as a team member with a flexible attitude to work.
- To be responsible for housekeeping and tidiness on the shop floor and participate in 6S activities.
- To be able to set up jigs, fixtures and equipment for assembly or test purposes.
- To be an expert in at least one of the processes listed below
- To actively participate in root cause analysis investigations.
- To be familiar with the Health and Safety policies for the company and to attend mandatory updates when required.
- Participate in kaizen events with the team to improve for example 6S, processes, layout/product flow, equipment reliability, Quality, cost reduction, cycle time, change over time, maintenance.
- Regular consistent and punctual attendance is required.
Any other duties as assigned
Higher Grade Requirements:
- To be pro-active in aiding the Team Leader / management team in improving the efficiency of the operation in terms of Safety, Quality, Cost and Delivery.
- Providing training for the team in both production of components and MPS tools e.g., performing 6S audits, TPM
- Raising Quality notifications, MIGOing production orders in SAP, etc
- Working with the PE team to improve tooling, processes, and work instructions, including making prototype tooling and parts and writing draft work instructions.
- Working with the PE, QE, purchasing and Engineering team to introduce new products.
Lead kaizen events with the team to improve for example 6S, processes, layout/product flow, equipment reliability, Quality, cost reduction, cycle time, change over time, maintenance.
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
- Good verbal & written communication skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Well-organised, detail-oriented, and ability to multi-task
- Ability to ensure a high level of service and quality is maintained
- Manual dexterity to an intricate level
IF INTERESTED PLEASE SUBMIT CV BELOW OR VIA EMAIL TO: