LocationIlford Contact Centre
Would you like the opportunity to deliver amazing customer service and greet our customers over the phone and make their day? Would you like to be the voice of the British Banking Revolution? Then come and join our apprenticeship programme at Metro Bank! If you are able to commute to our Ilford site and are 18 years old or above, then read on!
At Metro Bank we are looking for Apprentice Customer Service Advisors who can display an outstanding attitude towards learning and provide genuinely professional and amazing customer service. Our Contact Centre colleagues focus on the customer all the time, every time, because they care about our customers, and we get rid of any stupid bank rules that get in the way of them doing that. We also support all colleagues in our Contact Centre through the 'Professional Banking Certificate' an amazing qualification that is industry recognised by the Chartered Banking Institute.
So what will you be doing?...
• Greeting customers and creating fans• Working on the phone and handling customer inquiries such as: balances, making payments, internet banking, card management, using our mobile app• Finding solutions for customers and advising them on our services
• Following the correct processes to make sure our customers are safe
You need to be this kind of person
• Passionate about providing unparalleled levels of customer service and convenience
• Prepared to stick at something - we get nervous if someone has jumped from job to job as we want people who are prepared to learn and grow
• Able to work and learn quickly in a fast paced, fun and dynamic environment
• Care about doing a great job and exceeding expectations with the quality of what you do
And... we are a bank so risk is a part of everything we do. We love people who take responsibility, do the right thing for customers, colleagues and Metro Bank and have the courage to call out any concerns.
We always support colleagues to develop their skills. But to be successful in this job you really do need to already be able to do most of these wonderful things...
• Understand the risks associated with your job and what that means for you, Metro Bank and all our stakeholders
• You'll also need to be able to balance building relationships with your customers with attention to detail - we are a bank after all!
• Able to deliver an excellent customer experience in a very fast paced environment (our Contact Centres are often very busy!)
• Be 100% flexible to work a variety of shift patterns over the seven days Metro Bank are open
• Right from the start, we'll give you full training and great support so you don't need previous experience of finance or banking
You'll work towards achieving a Level 2 Financial Services Customer Advisor qualification, where you'll focus on the customer whilst becoming the most professional banker. You'll also have an opportunity to do Functional Skills in English and Maths (equivalent to GCSEs at grade A-C) if you don't already have them.
Learning to be an amazing Customer Service Specialist (accredited by City & Guilds) is one part of the programme, where you learn how to use our banking systems and deliver amazing customer service that creates fans with every interaction.
Important FootnoteDiverse teams really are the best teams. We know that candidates (especially women, research tells us) may be put off applying for a job unless they can tick every box. We also know that 'normal' office hours aren't always doable, and while we can't accommodate every flexible working request we are happy to be asked. So if you are excited about working with us and think you can do much of what we are looking for but aren't sure if you are 100% there yet why not give it a whirl? Please note that sometimes we may close a job earlier for applications if we are inundated with amazing candidates.. Good luck!