Westlake offers you the potential to enrich your work life and career experience in an entrepreneurial environment. We work together to enhance peoples' lives through our products and presence in the communities in which we operate.SUMMARY
Provide domestic and export credit and collection services to Westlake Corporation's Performance and Essential Materials Epoxy sector or as assigned by Management. Candidate should be able to understand and translate large amounts of financial data, negotiate tactfully and persistently contact corporate payable groups to collect money owed to Westlake.DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
May include, but are not limited to, the following:
EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND QUALIFICATIONS
- Responsible for assigned portfolio of accounts within the Performance and Essential Materials Epoxy North America sector of accounts. Responsible for credit analysis, collection performance and deduction resolution of assigned portfolio.
- Typical portfolio size comprises of 200 to 300 active customers with $100+mm of account receivables.
- Work assigned collection portfolio within the PEM Epoxy division or other assigned segments which consists of email dunning notices and calls per the assigned past due aging reports. Work assigned accounts to help customer service keep deduction / overpayments to a minimum.
- Work with Epoxy EU and Asian counterparts to ensure global customer exposure stays within approved credit limits. Seek management approval for exceptions $1mm above approved limits.
- Determine if SAP held orders should be released while following assigned delegation of authority guidelines. In the event shipments will be delayed notify customer service and sales manager.
- Investigate and analyze the credit worthiness of current customers on an annual basis as assigned within the GetPaid credit portfolio to renew credit limits within delegated authority limits using credit reporting agencies such as: D&B, Cortera, Credit Risk Monitor, etc.
- Perform in-depth financial statement analysis for public and private companies where credit lines exceed $500k.
- Credit limit approval authority to $500k. Recommend larger credit lines to up level management per the delegation of authority based on financial statement analysis.
- Work with sales team to investigate and analyze the credit worthiness of new customers to establish credit limits within delegated authority limits using credit reporting agencies. If needed check credit and bank references provided by the customer. In the event open terms cannot be extended, work with sales / customer service to sell product via secured transactions.
- With export customers, confirm that Letters of Credit are issued accurately, state the terms and conditions of sale, that there are no built-in discrepancies, and that the issuing bank's credit rating warrants acceptance of the Letter of Credit.
- Coordinate with cash applications to ensure correct application of wire transfers and lockbox deposits to receivables as needed.
- Work with cash applications, customer service, pricing and sales to resolve invoice payment deductions as needed.
- Maintain credit files electronically on assigned portfolio.
- As needed issue refunds to customers for overpayment of invoices.
- Work with our suppliers and our legal department to execute and maintain corporate guarantees and non-disclosure agreements as needed.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures and ensure delegation of authority levels are being followed on all order releases.
- Assist with Credit Department reporting as assigned by Credit Supervisor / Manager.
- Assist with special credit / treasury projects as needed and any additional tasks as assigned.
- Additional responsibilities or tasks as assigned.
- Comply with all Company policies and procedures.
- Fully supports Company goals of continuous improvement and operational excellence at strategic and tactical levels including reviewing area of responsibility for improvement opportunities to initiate projects or communicate ideas to management as well as active participation on project teams.
- BA/BS degree and a minimum of 3 years credit experience in the chemical or plastics industry, and/or related field. Finance or accounting degree a plus.
- Knowledge of Financial Statement Analysis required.
- Experience working with credit reporting agencies.
- Experience with Letters of Credit both Documentary and Stand-By.
- Experience with SAP required and GetPaid software a plus.
- Advanced Excel skills required.
- Strong interpersonal and written communication skills required.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; stand; walk; use hands to touch, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.WORK ENVIRONMENT
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate as normally based in an open office environment. Some of the work may be required in the operating units which can require usage of required PPE including safety glasses, hearing protection, etc. May also result in exposure to outside elements and may require usage of stairs and elevators. 5%
travel including air travel or auto travel may occasionally be required.
Westlake is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any characteristics protected by applicable legislation.If you are an active Westlake employee (or an employee of any Westlake affiliates), please do not apply here. Please go to your Workday homepage and click on the "Careers" worklet and view "Westlake Career Opportunities".