We're supporting a fantastic independent chartered accountancy practice in Maidstone, in their search for an Accounts & Audit Semi Senior
This is an accounts dominant position where 20-30% of your role will involve supporting the partners with audit work. They firm acts for a wide range of corporate businesses, with turnovers up to around £50m. If you don't have audit experience, our client will provide training. The audits are relatively local, and the practice promotes an excellent work life balance.
There are very clear progression prospects on offer within the practice, and they will provide full study support too.
- Preparation of company accounts and corporation tax returns
- Preparation of accounts for sole traders, and partnerships
- Assist in the preparation of the audit plan and ensures it appropriately addresses audit objectives
- Take an active part in the audit planning and fraud discussion to identify audit risks and appropriate audit strategy
- Be involved in all aspects of audit fieldwork and completion
- Ensure planned audit work is appropriately completed to satisfy audit objectives
The ideal candidate for this Accounts & Audit Semi Senior opportunity will have relevant previous experience in a practice and will have completed their AAT, or be studying toward the AAT, ACCA, or ACA, or be qualified by experience.
- Strong experience within an accountancy practice carrying out accounts preparation, VAT and tax preparation.
- 2-4 years practical experience within an accountancy practice environment
- Prior experience of audit would be advantageous but training is on offer.
- £25,000 - £33,000 dependent on experience and background, negotiable.
- Full study support
- Competitive pension and holiday allowance
Please apply for the vacancy or contact Tristan Finch via phone, our website or LinkedIn for a confidential conversation.
Refer a friend..
We're keen to remain the leading provider of the best accountancy talent in the South East. We are continually exploring ways to expand our network and we know that great candidates like you can introduce us to other equally brilliant people. We're looking to work with the best accountancy practice and tax staff in the South East so if your friends, family or colleagues are considering a new opportunity and can demonstrate relevant experience, we'd love to speak to them.
For every candidate you refer and we subsequently place into a permanent position, we will give you £200 of Love2Shop vouchers. (Terms & Conditions apply)