Accounts Assistant (Senior)
'Recruiting for your future success'
Up to £30k (DOE) Mon-Fri 9-5:30 (part-time considered) Office based, family run, close-knit team Month end reporting, budgeting, Sage Line 50, invoicing, bookkeeping Growing video conferencing business
Our client is a leading specialist in video conferencing, digital signage, audio visual, meeting rooms, IT infrastructure and managed print solutions based in Rayleigh. A family-run business they are looking for a confident, experienced Accounts Assistant to join their growing team.
Duties (include but are not limited to)
- Bank and credit card reconciliations
- Create report for weekly payment runs
- To manage company cash flow forecasting
- Approving and processing purchase invoices and reconciling supplier accounts
- Raising sales invoices and statements
- Credit control report weekly - chase payments and escalate when required
- Manage, respond to and track finance emails
- Posting of monthly journals
- Providing accurate monthly management accounts
- Provide yearly accounts to trial balance
- Liaising with accountants at year end and make adjustments where necessary
- Reconcile and submit VAT
- Balance sheet reconciliation
- Producing and managing the yearly budget
- Petty cash management
- Managing filing systems and annual archiving of files
- Management of staff expenses, monitoring annual leave and payroll
- Fleet management
- Be honest and trustworthy
- Driven and self-motivated
- Proactive problem-solving capability
- Able to work with deadlines
- Team Player
- Excellent communication skills
- Have a positive 'can do' attitude
- Working knowledge of Sage 50 Accounts / Sage 50 Payroll
- At least AAT Level 3 qualification or equivalent
LIGHTHOUSE PERSONNEL LTD ARE A RECRUITMENT AGENCY WORKING ON BEHALF OF A CLIENT.
PLEASE NOTE WE RECEIVE A LARGE NUMBER OF APPLICATIONS PER VACANCY AND UNFORTUNATELY CANNOT RESPOND TO ALL APPLICANTS. THEREFORE, IF YOU HAVE NOT HEARD FROM US WITHIN A MONTH FROM APPLICATION DATE, IT IS LIKELY THAT YOU HAVE BEEN UNSUCCESSFUL.
If you have been successful, we will contact you by the phone and begin taking you through our step by step recruitment process, doing our utmost to ensure the role is right for you, ascertaining your suitability in the process. This process will all be explained on initial contact.