Our client is seeking an Accounts Administrator to join a busy team and support Directors and Office Manager.
This role is provisionally set at 25-30 hours per week (negotiable).
The successful Accounts Administrator will have a general understanding/knowledge of basic accounting principles. Effective communication skills and a willingness to perform duties outside of the finance function are important.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, self-motivated individual with flexible approach who can manage a varied range of tasks, work independently and organise their own time. You will need to be organised, numerate, with good written and verbal communication skills and a competent knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, use of use of emails and internet.
Duties will include
- Day to day accounts administration
- Running weekly and monthly reports for sales invoicing and self-billing
- Making timely affiliate payments
- Reconciling payments from affiliates
- Locate purchase invoices
- Bank transaction entry and reconciliation
- Monthly reporting to agreed timeframes
- Preparing Accounts for VAT Return (for one company)
- Ad hoc accounting duties as requested by the Directors
- General admin tasks to support the Directors including compliance checking.
- Point of contact for internal and customer queries
Knowledge of the following preferred
- Online/Cloud Accounting package
- VAT returns
- Bank reconciliations
- Email correspondence
- Must have at least 3 years' experience doing similar work previously within an accounts and administrative role.
- £11.00 - £12.00 per hour